Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Little Food Allergy Guy



I have learned so much since I had my son. He had this awful rash all over his face and body and I could not figure it out. Finally, I realized through research and the help of a knowledgeable mama from the Le Leche League, that it was food related. Once I did an elimination diet and removed all the top allergens from my diet (since I breastfeed), his body cleared. He also started having normal bowl movements which before where just water. Thank God that I figured this out at 4 months and not any later!

He is quite the little man and I love having a son. I knew that when I chose the name beingmadenew for my boutique clothing business and my email address that I was in a process of change....but never did I grasp the extent of this change. Everything from food, family size, jobs to faith. Crazy life, but a good one.

At first the diet was miserable. I was depressed. I couldn't eat anything I loved...which is what they say about allergies. "What ever you think you could not possibly live without is usually what you are allergic to". Weird. So I tried baking, which I LOVE to do and everything was gross, I bought products that were ridiculously expensive, only to throw the box away after one disappointing bite. But, that was then and now I am well adjusted. It took a few months of wallowing in my new state before I realized this was going to be my life for at least awhile if not forever, so I better learn how to live with it and enjoy it.

I have found tons of great recipes, blogs and products and will feature them when I have time!! There is help, it can be done and eating can be enjoyable again!

No comments:

Post a Comment